DOZAFE – STOCKPILE DOZER TELEMETRY SAFETY SYSTEM
HAZARDOUS WARNING SYSTEM.
Dozer drivers work alone and often are in locations where they are not in view and not under direct supervision. This places drivers at risk. One serious hazard is the risk of falling or inadvertently driving into a stockpile draw down hole. Another risk is driving over bridged material, causing a sudden collapse of the coal above the draw down vale. A number of such serious incidents have taken place both in Australia and overseas.
The DOZAFE system secures the dozer and its driver through two separate appliances:
- A SIL2 rated emergency stop for use by the dozer operator on the coal stockpile to stop the tripper and/or the plough conveyors as well as valve operation.
- A dozer operator interface (HMI) to the main plant monitoring system, providing tripper and plough position, belt status feedback and alarms
By procedure, dozers must manually log on/off the coal stockpile via a selector switch. The dozer safety system (DSCS) will only enable the stop ciruit for a dozer that is logged on to the coal stockpile, which prevents accidental shutdowns of the plant. The DSCS is programmed with a set protection zone and uses global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) to read the position of the dozer. If the dozer position is within this zone, the operator will be alerted.
The controller on the dozer will utilise a GNSS receiver to regularly identify its position. When the dozer crosses into the stockpile zone, an audible alarm will alert the driver without actually impinging the operation of the dozer in any way.
Increasing operator safety is made easier with DOZAFE, it will assist your operations in saving lives and preventing damage to infrastructure!
- SIL3 integrity I/O data transfer or critical signals via Fibre, Copper or Radio
- 24 digital inputs, 16 digital outputs
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Low power consumption
- Robust design and construction
- In-built data logging
- ACMA compliant