HOISTING TECHNOLOGY MINING & INFRASTRUCTURE
SIEMAG TECBERG builds systems for underground mining based on expertise that it has gathered during the development and construction of over 200 complete systems and more than1,000 hoists.
The wealth of experience that we have acquired through a multitude of installation and service activities at a wide variety of sites all over the world sets the pace for the constant development of the knowledge base of our staff.
- Delivery of complete shaft hoisting systems for underground mining
- Planning, design and construction of complete solutions for the resources industry (e.g. coal, iron, non-ferrous, industrial minerals, diamonds)
- Shaft and inclined hoisting systems
- Brake systems and brake control systems
- Winches and rope changing equipment
- South Deep Gold Mine
- Client: Gold Fields, South Africa
- Mechanically "touching the envelope" relative to torque, power and payloads from a 3,000 m deep gold-mine shaft
- Erect the world´s largest hoist
HEAVY-DUTY HOISTING AND STORAGE TECHNOLOGYWhen it comes to storing radioactive waste in former mines and/or suitable caverns, the safety of the shaft hoisting systems used is of vital importance. Cases involving the storage of contaminated waste require the systems used to be designed in accordance with the requirements and standards of the German Nuclear Safety Standards Commission (Kerntechnischer Ausschuss - KTA).
In the construction of large tunnels covered by an appropriate rock overburden, an access shaft is used to shorten the project duration of the tunnelling. In this shaft, the shaft hoisting system is used both to hoist the excavated material and to provide the underground construction site with material and staff.
The hoisting technology of a ship lifting plant functions on the basis of use of the counterweight principle, as has also been the case in shaft hoisting systems in mining engineering for decades.
- Delivery of complete heavy-material & storage technology systems for private or state-owned infrastructure developers
- Project business in the field of civil engineering
- Toxic waste disposal and heavy-duty materials handling technology
- Underground final storage systems for nuclear or toxic waste
- Complete shaft hoisting systems in accordance with the stipulations and requirements of the German Nuclear Safety Standards Commission (KTA)
- Key components for ship lifting plants
- Gotthard Base Tunnel
- Client: AlpTransit Gotthard AG (100 % state-owned), Switzerland
- Construction site of the world's longest railway tunnel (57 km)
- Operating the automatic shaft hoisting system for transporting rock, building material and personnel during the entire building phase